Terms, Conditions & Rules Of Membership
The MBBG aims to fully support each member of their group, by providing them with the greatest opportunity for recognition and referrals for their business. To achieve this, the MBBG limits membership to one business only within any industry. This allows MBBG members to develop a closer relationship with your business, ensuring you are always first in mind when it comes to industry-specific referrals.
Where a new business may be similar to an existing member business (such as a cafe applying for membership when a restaurant may already be a member), the similarities and differences will be evaluated by the MBBG members to ensure there is no direct conflict. This process means every MBBG member can enjoy equal opportunities within the group, which keeps it fair for everyone.
- Membership is $ 75.00 per year from January to December.
- Membership is voluntary and by acceptance of current members.
- Membership can be cancelled by the business owner at any time with written notice to a committee member.
- The committee will be voted in each year by the current members.
- The Mount Barker Business Group is a non-profit, community based organisation for business owners & managers in the Adelaide Hills area.
- The concept of the group is to promote, advertise, refer clients, build, create leads and network each other’s local business to as many people as possible, FREE of charge for the benefit of each individual business member.
- I agree to attend fortnightly meetings at a local business in the Mount Barker area.
- I agree to actively promote & refer other members businesses that are part of group where ever possible and at all times when possible.
- I agree to keep the spirit of the group alive by acting in a proactive & positive way when upholding the groups concept of business networking.
- I agree to act in a business manner at all times when networking, referring other members businesses and discussing the group.
- I agree that my membership may be cancelled and revoked if I do not attend regular meetings. Missing 3 in a row qualifies for immediate membership cancellation.
- I agree that my membership may be cancelled and revoked if I do not network and refer other members businesses within the group members.
- I agree to actively seek & recruit new members if possible and if memberships are available for that type of business.
- I agree to the groups concept of only having one member per each specific type of business.
- I agree that all decisions, disputes, votes, concepts, ideas & directions of the group will be resolved by a membership vote and majority vote will be final.
- I agree to bear any expenses incurred myself (for any meetings, etc) and will not charge or occur any expenses to the groups name or any other business in the group.
- I agree to stay council, politically, government & religious neutral for the benefit of the group.
- I agree to act in the best interests of the group, the community, fellow members, their businesses and their staff.
- I agree to have my business contact details on the groups website.